the problem with doing this through components is that your markup hierarchy will be out of sync with your java one.

what you can try is making myParent a AbstractOutputTransformerContainer and then doing string manip in the transform() method by wrapping the output.

its not purty, but it will work

or you can just add class="foo" to myParent via an attribute modifier and save a lot of trouble :)

-igor