why are you overriding newItem ? the idataprovider implementation must return the correct model in its model(Object) method

-igor

On 11/13/06, Ingram Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I try to write a model which equals if beckendObject equals:

    private final class BackendEqualsThenModelEqualsModel extends Model {

        private BackendEqualsThenModelEqualsModel(Serializable object) {
            super(object);
        }

        @Override
        public boolean equals(Object obj) {
            return getObject(null).equals(((IModel) obj).getObject(null));
        }

        @Override
        public int hashCode() {
            return getObject(null).hashCode();

and that GridView use this model:

new GridView("checks", new ListDataProvider(dataList)) {
            @Override
            protected Item newItem(String id, int index, IModel model) {
                return super.newItem(id, index,
                        new BackendEqualsThenModelEqualsModel(
                                (Serializable) model.getObject(null)));
            }

            @Override
            protected void populateItem(Item item) {
                item.add (new Check("check", item.getModel()));
            }

            @Override
            protected void populateEmptyItem(Item item) {
                item.add(new Label("check"));
            }
};

It doesn't work... It must be something wrong somewhere.
Could you give me correct implemetation ? Thanks!