From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Klochkov
Sent: 8. december 2006 13:35
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] javascript handlers in html - quotes escaping

Nino Wael wrote:
>                               <input id="wordbutton" disabled="disabled"
> type="submit" value="Generer rapport" wicket:id="wordbutton"
> onclick="showContent('uglyfix');showContent('uniquename');" />

How can you run this example with wicket?? It escapes qoutes in a
strange wa so you should have the following code in the result html:

<input id="wordbutton" disabled="disabled" type="submit" value="Generer
rapport" wicket:id="wordbutton"
onclick="showContent(\"uglyfix\");showContent(\"uniquename\");" />

And this script wouldn't work in IE and Firefox at least!

BTW I found a workaround for IDs problem using
TextTemplateHeaderContributor: I place all IDs in variables and have
javascript template file which uses these variables, so wicket replaces
variables with actual IDs in runtime.
> Small code snip on howto workaround the path generated by wicket:

Thanks for this one. It's not very clean solution but anyway it's better
than placing all handlers in java components.

--
Andrew Klochkov