and here is a small prototype i worked on for wicket 2.0

dont know if the code is complete but it might give you some ideas

-igor

On 12/19/06, Ayodeji Aladejebi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> this is not so difficult to do on a base level in wicket...it just
> that i wished the wicket committers could work on a very robust
> infastructure for this because really we eventually get tired of
> typing textfields for each property in various beans. there used to be
> bean panel in wicket but suddenly they dropped it from the extensions.

I think we asked on the list before dropping it, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, sorry if removing that component caused inconvenience for you.
The reason it was dropped is that is was far from perfect, and there
is just so much you can (and should) support with a generic bean
panel, that I did't see it getting finished anytime soon. The plan was
to make it an example instead, but I haven't been able to find the
time to seriously work on that since then.