class staticimage extends webcomponent {

    public staticimage(string id, imodel model) {
               super(id, model);
     }

     protected void oncomponenttag(tag) {
         checkcomponenttag(tag, "img");
         tag.put("src", getModelObjectAsString());

add(new staticimage("img", new Model("http://foo.com/bar.gif";));

-igor

On 12/27/06, August Detlefsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How can I load an image directly from a url?

For example I want to display a picture of a user next to their profile,
but all of the images are served by another machine for better
performance. I tried something like this but it won't compile:

            Image profileImg = new Image("profileimg");
            profileImg.setImageResource( new UrlResourceStream( new
URL(user.getPhotourl()) ) );

Thanks,
August