Yes the idea i mentioned above
Don't think in javascript!
javascript is not importand here. Just generated ONE callback to the server.
but call BOTH behaviors after each other.
Handle duplicated behaviors one the server side not client

johan

Ok, so that wouldn't solve anything. Recognizing you're trying to
overwrite an attribute that was previously written by another behavior
might help in at least figuring out that there is a problem. Though
otoh, I don't think it's gonna be a big saver.

Any other ideas?