at least something that can help to quickly mock up pages and components
wont be bad. Hopefully IDEs communities like netbeans and Eclipse can see
the beauty of the framework and support this visual designer project. JSP
visual designer for netbeans is great example, since its now open source,
something like dat could be used someday to create something wonderful for
wicket. drag drop textfield, drag drop label, set properties, drag drop data
grids, Listviews components in the palettes...wonderful but since I know
this is a dream that wont be fulfilled too soon. I am sure the wicket
developers are working hard to ensure the framework really matures. maybe by
the time we have Wicket 4.x, we would start seeing this. I have grown to be
so used to NB and DW, infact my NB is full of wicket templates (sign in
templates, register templates, all sorts of form templates) that my speed is
significantly increasing in getting a quick start ready

but for newbies and more industry adoption, i think wicket needs a visual
designer