Thanks Igor, I did as you said - got the source also out of the Maven2 repo
(easier :) and it is working now with this one line in app init() as
follows:

WicketMessageTagHandler.enable = true;

Thanks for your help,

Peter.

the code i wrote was against 1.3, im not sure how it is different against
1.2.x, you have 1.2.4 source code right (i dont have it checked out)? just
look at how other filters are registered there.

-igor

http://wicket.sourceforge.net/apidocs/wicket/markup/parser/filter/WicketMessageTagHandler.html

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wicket/trunk/wicket/src/java/wicket/markup/MarkupParserFactory.java?view=markup

> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter.
>
> On 1/20/07, Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > application.init() {
> >    super.init();
> >    getmarkupsettings.setmarkupparserfactory(new MarkupParserFactory()
> > {
> >                 protected void initMarkupFilters(final MarkupParser
> > parser)
> >     {
> >              super.initMarkupFilters (parser);
> >           parser.registermarkupfilter(new wicketmessagetaghandler());
> >     }
> >

> > -igor
> >

> > On 1/20/07, Peter Thomas < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >  make sure you have WicketMessageTagHandler added to markupparser.

> > > I had the same question - but now how exacty do I add
WicketMessageTagHandler
> > > to markupparser ?  I am trying to do this in the application but
WicketMessageTagHandler