Johan is (one of) the maintainer(s) of the sysdeo plugin, so he can
surely help out.

You definitely need the devloader jar to be able to run your app in
the debugger. Next you need to add your class folder (target/classes)
to the web classpath, and the libs found in the lib directory. I think
that is all there's to it.

The quickstart project is basically an exploded war with the
webinf/classes directory relocated to a different directory
(target/classes) and the webinf/lib dir to the lib directory.

Martijn