Very interesting to hear.  Thank you.

On 1/31/07, beboris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have done some performance testing between JSF, JSP, Wicket and Stripes
when choosing a framework to develop Ajax-enabled WebUI.

You may find it interesting to know that our results showed JSF is at
least
3-4 times slower than JSP on simple pages (exactly as described at
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg24571.html), while
wicket's performance is "on par" with JSP for the same pages...

Actually, those performance testing results was the main reason why we
have
chosen Wicket over JSF despite the fact the cumulative team experience
with
JSF in terms of projects made and time spent was significantly greater
than
with Wicket (the latter being around zero...)

Eelco Hillenius wrote:

> That would be interesting yeah. I'm not sure if there would be a clear
> winner.
>
> Eelco
>

> On 1/29/07, Christopher Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I apologize if this has been mentioned, but is comparative performance
>> and
>> load testing planned?  I'd love to see Wicket rule on this.
>>

>> On 1/29/07, Scott Swank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > One week (of two) into the JSF vs. Wicket comparison here at
Vegas.com
>> things are going nicely -- team Wicket is finished while team JSF is
>> trying
>> to get Ajax functionality working.  There were four people working on
>> each
>> implementation, but JSF is so far behind that an additional person was
>> added
>> to the JSF team and one of the Wicket folk was moved from Wicket to JSF
>> --
>> i.e. three folk working on Wicket and 6 on JSF in an effort to catch
up.
>> The three of us remaining are working on:
>> >
>> > * overriding components' css -- i.e. a custom look/feel for
ModalWindow