Not much. See
http://wicket.sourceforge.net/apidocs/wicket/util/lang/PropertyResolver.html

We started out with OGNL in the past but:
1) OGNL at one point took about 30% processor time of the whole
request. We simplified and optimized and wrote OGNL out.
2) We feel it's not the recommended way of programming to rely on
property expressions beyond simple navigations
3) By overriding
wicket.model.AbstractPropertyModel#onGetObject(wicket.Component) and
AbstractPropertyModel#onSetObject(Component, Object) users can provide
their own resolving if

Eelco