> I'm also really interested in how people model tables and lists in Wicket.
> I had a very similar problem in JSF.  Specifically the issue that arises
> when you have a table type of component with links, backed by index instead
> of ID.  That's an issue I have to look into.  Any thoughts?  I'm using a
> ListModel and PropertyListView do display a list of links.  They're not the
> BookmarkableLink type, so if the data behind the list changes between the
> initial display and the user clicking the link, I'm going to run into
> trouble.  My thought was to keep the list in the Model between the request,
> and fill it with detachable model objects rather than real data objects.
> Any thoughts?  Does that make sense?

Lately, we are encouraging people to use components from the repeater
packages rather than ListView and friends. They might be a little bit
harder to grok at first, but they allow for better flexibility when it
comes to which items are used when (e.g. backed by an ID rather than
the index). See the 'repeaters' example in the wicket-examples
project.