It would be my first as well. From previous conferences (JavaOne,
TSSJS Europe, JavaPolis):

Do's: drink lots of beer
Don'ts: drink too much beer

Stay away from Matt Raible if you can't hold your liquor. Run and
don't look back when he offers you a 'car bomb'.

Other than that, keep an eye out for interesting presentations, meet
lots of interesting folks, don't hesitate to ask open source
luminaries about their frameworks. They're just normal people with too
much free time on their hands or no social life ;-).

Also the BoF (evening) sessions are always nice places to get information.

Martijn

On 2/7/07, nilo de roock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My office approved my attendance of the ApacheCon, all 4 days. I have seen
> that registration is open now. I thought that the entrance fee of +/-$900
> covered everything, this doesn't seem to be the case. They charge $300 for
> attending a Wicket seminar. The thing is that I am rather newbie to
> ApacheCon's. I don't want to miss the opportunity especially since it's in
> The Netherlands. My budget is probably 4 days off plus say 1000euro out of
> the pocket expense. For a lot of companies this may be peanuts, not to ours.
>
> Any advice on the do's and don't's regarding ApacheCon's is highly
> appreciated.
> -nilo
> --

Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket
Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!
http://wicketframework.org