A very old question but only get time to fix now. And found that the
problem only occur at  startPage(final Page page) but not
startPage(final ITestPageSource source) , so I change all test to this
method. Most work ok, just have one get the other exception"

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument pageClass must be not null
        at
wicket.request.target.component.BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.<init>(BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.java:101)
        at
wicket.request.target.component.BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.<init>(BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.java:69)
        at
wicket.request.compound.DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolveHomePageTarget(DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.java:374)
        at
wicket.request.compound.DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.resolve(DefaultRequestTargetResolverStrategy.java:173)
        at
wicket.request.compound.AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.resolve(AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.java:48)
        at wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:992)
        at wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1084)
        at wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:454)
        at
wicket.protocol.http.MockWebApplication.processRequestCycle(MockWebApplication.java:318)
        at
wicket.protocol.http.MockWebApplication.processRequestCycle(MockWebApplication.java:307)
        at wicket.util.tester.WicketTester.startPage(WicketTester.java:231)
        at com.genuco.base.LogonTest.testMain(LogonTest.java:32)

Anyone have any idea?