>  The only reason I am reluctant to add mystreet.com to the WIKI is that
> after I quit, they hired a couple of PHP programmers to work on the site.  I
> tried to help them as much I could with the J2EE and Wicket code, but I
> don't think they could grasp the concepts.  I think the site is under a
> rewrite to PHP (their loss :).  So I I didn't bother mentioning it on the
> WIKI because at any time the site could relaunch to a PHP version.

Heh. Yeah interesting story, and I agree that in this case it's better
not to add it.

> Damn PHP script kiddies :)

I bet they were cheaper than you are ;)

>  I know for a fact that unless they use a decent PHP
> component-based framework (Prado?) with good AJAX support, they are going to
> have problems implementing a lot of the features that took me less than a
> day to do in wicket.  I know for a fact they are already going on 7 months
> of rewriting of a site that took me 3 months in Wicket to develop.  You win
> some, you lose some. :)

And I still believe the big business advantage of Wicket is that
you'll end up with a maintainable application. Being able to develop
quickly is nice, and sometimes you need an edge there, but the
maintenance phase is where the real costs are. PHP isn't particularly
encouraging to write maintainable code.