looks like a webspehere classloader problem. not sure how to help you since
i dont have access to websphere. maybe you can tell it not to create that
_wl_user_cls jar

-igor

On 2/5/07, Konstantinos Lazouras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all, thanx for your help so far and apologies for getting back so
late... to the problem now:

To what you suggested, I didn't get something useful from yourkit and
tmsMserver is not wicket related.

If the problem appears, it happens by clicking the datepicker icon (in a
"monkey testing" context), where WebLogic 9.1 cannot get to the resources.
It has nothing to do with browsers (speaking about firefox and ie). It is
related to the environment used: For development we use eclipse, tomcat
5.5, java 1.5 on windows and we also test inhouse with BEA WebLogic both
on windows and linux. We cannot reproduce the problem locally, no matter
what. At the client site, we deploy again on BEA WebLogic but this time on
AIX. This is the only environment where we get the "Unable to render
resource stream" error.

Inspired by the thread " Fighting "Too many open files" problem related to
wicket resource files" we unpacked the wicket jars (we only use 2 jars,
core+extensions), put everything in "classes" folder and deployed again.  We
didn't get much, as the exception now became:

12:16:53,251 ERROR RequestCycle:1043 - Unable to render resource stream
zip:/prod/applc/bea9/weblogic91/config/tmsdomain/./servers/tmsMserver/tmp/_WL_user/fc/2eqljk/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/wicket/extensions/markup/html/datepicker/style/aqua/status-
bg.gif
wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Unable to render resource stream
zip:/prod/applc/bea9/weblogic91/config/tmsdomain/./servers/tmsMserver/tmp/_WL_user/fc/2eqljk/war/WEB-INF/lib/_wl_cls_gen.jar!/wicket/extensions/markup/html/datepicker/style/aqua/status-
bg.gif
    at wicket.Resource.respond(Resource.java:279)
    at wicket.Resource.onResourceRequested(Resource.java:135)
    at wicket.request.target.resource.SharedResourceRequestTarget.respond(
SharedResourceRequestTarget.java:192)
... (the rest are the same)

So far, my question is: shouldn't unpacking the jars fix the problem?

Searching a bit more, we found that "_wl_cls_gen.jar" is the way WebLogic
handles dynamic libraries (so it shouldn't be something suspicious there).
From this I understand that WebLogic makes this jar because it finds the
datepicker resources in the "/WEB-INF/classes/..." dir and not in "/", as
happens with the other resources.  What should I do if I want to move
datepicker resources away from "/WEB-INF/classes/..." dir?
Do you think that replacing the whole datepicker component with something
external would be a solution (how do I do this)?

On the other hand, a few minutes ago I came across the following post
while searching for answers:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-3043;jsessionid=anu8vO15emAayNy2Ua?page=all

I think the problem described is very similar to mine.  Do you have any
suggestions on how to apply and test the answer given?

Thanks again,

Konstantinos