I've havent used this feature.. And currently see no use for it.

As long as one of the options are done, im happy:)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jonathan Locke
Sent: 13. februar 2007 17:48
To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Wicket-user] VOTE on wicket:component

Our Wiki describes the wicket:component tag as follows:

"<wicket:component> - Creates a Wicket component on the fly. Needs a class
attribute. Though this has been in wicket for a long time, it is still kind
of an unsupported feature, as most of the core developers believe that this
may lead to misuse of the framework. Before heavily relying on this feature,
you might want to contact the user list to discuss alternative strategies."

It's unclear to me that anyone is using this.  The utility is limited and
unimportant.  And for anyone creating tooling support for wicket, this will
be a tripping point.  I can't see any good reason to keep this feature as it
is a way to instantiate a component in the markup and might server as the
beginning of a bunch of requests to add component configuration or other
code logic where we should only have nice clean markup.

VOTE:

 [ ] Delete this unimportant and generally unsupported feature
 [ ] Keep <wicket:component>, but define its limits, document it on the wiki
as fully supported and commit to supporting it in the future