ChuckDeal wrote:
> I, as I'm sure Nathan would, welcome new ideas or approaches to that
> problem.

Yep. But I don't think we can get around serializing the Hibernate
session; even if it's stored directly in the Web session we have to
assume that it could be serialized. And we found that keeping it in the
page itself works nicely, so, let's hope there's a solution here.

And thanks Wicket guys for looking in to this; I know that what we're
doing is a little "out there," but as Chuck said there are some pretty
compelling uses for it, mostly in the class of ajax operations you want
to perform tentatively, and commit later. Down the line I don't think
this approach will be at all unusual.

Nathan