Johan Compagner wrote:
> and i am completely not suprised that ehcache was not performing better.
> How could it do that?? Where should the gain come from?
> The current impl really grows directly with the hardware you have.
> ehcache need to be tweaked exactly
> what your system can handle. What do you say then? 200 page? 2000
> pages? What does that cost?
Although I don't know all details of wicket needs for caching yet but
I'll try to explain my idea.

I think that storing every page on the disk is not good. With ehcache we
can create a cache with limited in-memory size and unlimited on-disk
size. Then we'll put every page in the cache, and when we'll access
frequently used pages - they'll be got from memory, others will be read
from the disk. That's where it can perform better - working with the
file system only when it's really needed. And also there threading
issues which are solved and tested in ehcache.

Matej, can you share you ehcache impl?

--
Andrew Klochkov