People are using snapshots or just from svn (i think most do that because
snapshots
of 1.3 are not really visible yet)

and when they do an update they get maybe an exception yes but that can
easily be fixed by them
after they report it

And another thing. Everybody can just develop fine even if you get an error.
The only thing that doesn't work. If one page fails somehow then the only i
really stress here
the ONLY problem they have is that the back button to that page doesn't work

So telll me what is the problem??
There isn't any. I can develop fine even when i did get some serializeable
errors.

The problem is that when it is not tested we never and again i stress we
never will know
what works or what we forgot. And when are we then going to use that as
default?
Never.. because we never can suddenly switch it because it is always in the
same state as it is
now. I only now know one issue and that is the proxy issue i only know this
because
the wicket outputstream it was the default one. If that hadn't be the case i
wouldn't have know.

So i still want it to be default for some time because just to ask for it
then i am afraid nothing will happen.

and again i want to stress. there is not really a problem when developing.
You only see maybe
some errors in the log nothing more. Only the back button doesn't work for
the pages that
can't be serialized. thats it.

johan

> thats just stupid
> IT IS IN SVN ONLY!!

And automatically snapshots.

> so now it will never be finished, never be tested

We provide snapshots for people to use. We don't provide, say, stable
builds or something similar. In fact we haven't provide a release for
1.3 at all even though we've been working on it for months now. So
that means that the only way people can work on 1.3 is to use those
snapshots or work directly from CVS. And this exactly what we've asked
people to do and quite a few people are depending on it for their
daily development.

We're not just talking about some new component or something here. If
this stuff isn't done properly it breaks quite a lot.

For this feature we should ASK people to test it for us instead of
forcing it upon them. You made it the default before you even
implemented support for all cases! How do you expect people to not get
pissed off with that? Also, I'm not the king of writing tests, but
like I've been arguing this is like the mother of all examples of a
place where we should write tests.

So, what we should do is advocate this new feature - I'll send an
email about this shortly - ask people to help test this, and when we
feel good about having this feature the default, let's have a
developers' vote to see whether everyone agrees.