On 2/21/07, Peter Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Igor.  This really helped, and along the way I realized I missed a
few fundamentals.  One more question below:

d) Now I am iterating using ListView.  How exactly do I initialize the
> > ListView so that it uses the "installed" detachable model?
>

> what do you mean? you just pass it into the constructor.

Ok I get it.  Also, when you do "getModel()" Wicket will search upwards
the component hierarchy right? So it does not matter even if you are on a
child panel within the page or something, yes?

no, not exactly. if you havent set a model on the component (or set it to
null) and call getmodel() wicket will search upwards for a model that
implements the compound model interface. look up compound property models on
that wiki page.

-igor