just thinking out loud, there is no workaround for the constructor pros.
are there any important things people really /need/ to get done that we're
making impossible without the constructor change?  i don't care to much
about accessing markup attributes in the constructor because i don't care
much about driving code from markup.  but what about the others?  are there
any useful things we'd lose?

i think i can live without the perfect error reporting as wicket error
reporting seems good enough to me now.  it's almost certainly not worth a
code explosion to get this alone.

   jon