The big question there is whether you know all items beforehand or
not. If yes, integrating with any javascript library is easy. If not,
you need a tree, and probably can best look at that component or
navmenu
(https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3/wicket-contrib-navmenu)
which is deprecated (won't be supported) but nevertheless may give you
an idea.

The second big question is: what are you going to do with these items:
component replacements or do links point to bookmarkable pages?

I'd really love to see someone contribute a nice component for this
based on bookmarkable pages and a tree. navmenu was a step in that
direction, but the API is't great.

Eelco