From reading old posts I know that the converters have been improved
for 1.3/2.0 but I'm doing my best to stay away from beta versions.

I have built two new ITypeConverters, a new IConverter and a new
IConverterFactory and ... it kind of works. Strangely I don't see the
correct format everywhere.

One of my questions remain: Why does Wicket need converters at all? Java
already has java.text.Format with two-way conversion between String and
some other class.

/Anders