first what is so special about that code?
What is the protocol you are talking about
I haven't really looked at it yet at this time but i will.

How i see it if possible is just an open channel
and over it flows the wicket ajax stuff (so the xml that wicket ajax can
parse)

this way if something is triggered on the server the server can push
component rerender changes
to the clients who are displaying those components.

johan

On 3/20/07, Vincent Demay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Johan Compagner a écrit :
> yes i want to have it simple and build in in wicket-ajax.js if possible
> (at least support for it it could be and extra small js:
wicket-cometd.js)
well, I understand what you mean, but comted (www.cometd.com) is a dojo
fundation subproject. So if we want to write our own client-side
library. first we have to duplicate Dojo cometd code(
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/src/io/cometd.js ) which can be
done with some difficulties because it depends on a lot of other dojo
libs. But the worst problem comes form the protocol. It is a dojo
fundation subproject so if protocol change we need to maintain our
cometd client-side implementation. It seems to be an heavy work to do!

On the other hand I well understand you prefer keeping control of code
you integrate in Wicket (and pushing is an interresting stuff for
wicket). So maybe we need to thinking more about that and on impact on
the future. WDYT?

--
Vincent

http://www.nabble.com/server-side-triggered-page-refresh-%28aka-push%29-tf3321420.html#a9234009

http://www.nabble.com/Pushing-data-to-the-Ajax-client-in-wicket--tf3354017.html#a9327668
>         <
http://www.nabble.com/Pushing-data-to-the-Ajax-client-in-wicket--tf3354017.html#a9327668
>)
>         * The second one using cometd( www.cometd.org
>         <http://www.cometd.org>) and dependant of
>         wicket-contrib-dojo
>

>         The way to publish and listen to events is the following (with
>         cometd
>         and timer implementation):
>
>         //Somewhere I publish a new event. It can be for example in on
>         click of
>         a ajax link or elsewhere :
>         IPushPublisher publisher = new IPushPublisher("aBusChannel");
>         IPushEvent event = new IPushEvent()
>         event.add("akey", "myvalue");
>         publisher.publish(event);
>
>         //My page can be aware of event in aBusChannel :
>         IPushBehavior behavior = new IPushBehavior("aBusChannel"){
>             public abstract void onEvent(String channel, Map<String,
>         String>
>         datas, IPushTarget target){
>                //Triggered when event is publish by publisher
>                //IPushTarget has the sapme prototype as
AjaxRequestTarget

https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3/wicket-contrib-push

https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3/wicket-contrib-push-examples

http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV>