I have the same problem too with wicket 2. A Model window containing a panel
with drop down choice lists. Whe I open a model window on top of thi smodel
window, the dropdowns are always displayed in fornt of the second model window.
I noticed that the first model window hides any dropdowns in the basic window
and re-displays them on window close. So I use a workaround whre the second
modal window hides the dropdowns of the first and after closing if
(Onclosecallback) redisplay them agian (just set visible(false)) and add the
component to the request target.
But I have another problem here. The invisibility workd well (set each dropdown
to invisible, target.addCompoent(dropdown)). But to make them visible again, it
is not sufficient to set visible(true) and target.addComponent(dropdown). The
whole surronding panel must be added to the target's compionents too.

stefan Lindner

<<winmail.dat>>