no there wont be two copies of the list.serialization caches objects and if
it finds another instance it stores a pointer rather then a copy

-igor

On 3/23/07, Robert . <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was wondering if it is unwise to prevent the use of inner classes for
models.

For example a page creates a model for CheckBox that depends on a list
stored in the page.
In Wicket examples the list is accessed from the inner model class
directly. I do not like
having many inner classes in a class. What if I create a seperate model
class
and pass the list with it in the constructor. The final modifiers will
ensure that
the reference to the list cannot be changed.

Will this cause the list to be serialized twice? Or will it be noticed
that it is the same
list.

Will it cause any other problems, and if so isn't there another way to
prevent the use of inner classes?

Robert