> > It's cool that it can be done like that. However, it's still not clear
> > to me what the advantage (besides giving people more choice if they
>
> It isn't clear to me either. But as I know of some people (including myself)
> that i's using @Configurable to inject their domain objects (this is the
> spring 2 recommended way to go with that kind of wizardry), they may prefer
> to reutilize the same general technique for their presentation layer.

Yeah, that's a good point.

> > Also, forgive me if I missed something, but if those dependencies are
> > defined as transients and the components would be serialized and
> > deserialized, who/ where/ what would be in charge of re-injecting the
> > dependencies?
>
> Take a look at
> http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/spring/browse/SPR-2896.
> The toy aspect I have defined before won't take care of dependency injecting
> upon deserialization, but it's a matter of advicing readResolve too as have
> been done for the spring 2.0.3 AnnotationBeanConfigurerAspect; it's pretty
> easy, I'll post the updated aspect later.

Cool. It would also be cool if this would work with Terracotta
somehow, but I guess that's a bit out of scope for this particular
thread.

What do you have in mind with this Carlos? You want to start a
Wicket-stuff project for this, or do you want to propose this to live
in the wicket-spring project (*if* everyone would agree, so currently
hypothetical only)?