if you feel like creating a quickstart i can take a look at that

-igor

On 3/26/07, Jaime De La Jara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No, it has one (returned by getMarkupId() and generated by
setOutputMarkup(true)).

This is the generated html :

<input value="" maxlength="16" type="text" class="tipo" size="12"
name="numero" id="numero">
<script>document.getElementById('numero').focus();</script>

The strange thing is that if I set the value of the field in the model so
the page loads with the normal field populated, then the code works
returning the value I set in the page (in Java).

It seems that the javascript is not getting the input typed in the field.

*Igor Vaynberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

your textfield doesnt have an id attribute defined, so
docuement.getelemetnbyid is not finding it
-igor

On 3/26/07, Jaime De La Jara < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry in the last post I had a type instead of limiter=1415 it should be
> numFact=1415, I'm using "numFact" as the request variable.
>
> *Jaime De La Jara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> * wrote:
>
> Igor, unfortunely I haven't been able to use the solution proposed. I
> copied and pasted the code for the getCallbackUrl method but it had a minor
> typo, but after I corrected and reloaded the page with the autocomplete
> field the browser (IE) throws a javascript error. The following works (using
> a hard code value) :
>
> return super.getCallbackUrl() + "&limiter=1415";
>
> but If I use this :
>
> return super.getCallbackUrl() + "' + '&numeroFact=' +
> document.getElementById('numero').value + '";
>
> or
>
> return super.getCallbackUrl() + "&numeroFact=' +
document.getElementById(\"numero\").value
> + '";
>
> I get an "" when getting the parameter from the request.
>
> The code generated in the page is the following :
>

> new Wicket.AutoComplete('indexForm_proveedores',

'/adm-facturas/app?wicket:interface=:4:indexForm:proveedores:-1:IUnversionedBehaviorListener&wicket:behaviorId=1&wicket:ignoreIfNotActive=true&limiter='
> + document.getElementById('numero').value + '');
>
> It seems the retrieval of the field is returning null !.
>
> The field is defined as follows in the page :
>
> <input wicket:id="numero" type="text" class="tipo" size="12">
>
> and in the Java code :
>
> add(new TextField("numero")
>               {
>                         public String getMarkupId()
>                         {
>                              return "numero";
>                         }
>                     }.add(new NumeroFacturaValidador()).
>                       add(StringValidator.maximumLength(12)).
>                       setOutputMarkupId(true).add(new
> FieldFocusBehavior()));
>

> I don't know what I'm doing wrong, any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Jaime.
>

> * Jaime De La Jara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
>
> Absolutely !, thanks a lot Igor, I'll try it right now. I agree that is
> an uncommon use case and it doesn't deserve an api change and a custom
> solution is what is needed.
>
> Jaime.
>
> *Igor Vaynberg < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
>
> ok, this is a bit tricky but is def doable. i dont think this is a very
> common usecase, so i dont think we will create all the factories/etc for you
> to be able to do this out of the box because in most cases it will just be
> api bloat.
>
> that said, although not trivial it is still def very possible
>
> start with extending the autocompletebehavior
> override getcallbackurl and do something like
> return
super.getcallbackurl()+"+'&limiter='+document.getelementbyid('someid').value");

Mobile<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>and
connected<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>to friends.

> > ------------------------------
> > Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
> > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail> and
> > always stay
connected<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43909/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail>to friends.

> ------------------------------
> Looking for earth-friendly autos?
>  Browse Top Cars by "Green
Rating"<http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/;_ylc=X3oDMTE4MGw4Z2hlBF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDZ3JlZW5jZW50ZXI->at
 Yahoo! Autos' Green Center.

> ------------------------------
> The fish are biting.
>  Get more
visitors<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>on
 your site using Yahoo!
Marketing.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49679/*http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50>

Auto-Check.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html>
> Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49982/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html>

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time