Hi,

It ended in us agreeing we should get rid of the constructor change.

We currently working on backporting all the 2.0 features to 1.3,
except for the constructor change and the JDK 5 features. You can
track the progress of that here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Backporting+features+from+trunk.
As you can see, we're progressing pretty quickly. After that is done,
we'll move the current trunk somewhere and replace it with the code of
1.3 and add the JDK 5 features (basically generified models and
components). We're probably gonna call that release 2.0, though 1.4 is
still an option.

So in a couple of weeks, the net result is that we'll have a Wicket
version that is everything Wicket 2.0 is now bar the constructor
change. 1.3 and that version will be very close to each other (so much
easier to maintain), and it'll be easier for people comming from 1.2
or 1.3 to move to that version.

Regards,

Eelco