you should be able to write your own behavior that does what you want
easily. just look at how formcomponentupdating one works.

-igor

On 3/28/07, ChuckDeal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a way to store the value of multiple form components using
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior?  Is there already a behavior that does
this?  I have used the AjaxFormSubmitBehavior in another part of my app
and
it is slllooowwww and wouldn't have acceptable performance for what I am
trying to do.

The scenario:
I have a custom IAuthorizationStrategy that is data-sensitive.  I register
function rather than a value for the RENDER and ENABLE actions so that the
components can dynamically evaluate themselves based on the current state
of
the data.  In order to do this, I make use of a lot of Ajax events; if a
component changes, I refresh any dependent components.  (ie/ "field x" is
readonly unless "field y" contains true; therefore on change of "field y"
would refresh "field x").  The problem is that if I have already changed
"field x"'s value then when I refresh the field it should contain the
user-entered value, not the model value (the purpose of the refresh if for
re-evaluating the permissions).  I also don't want to fire validations for
the dependent fields, just preserve their value until the component is
re-rendered.

Am I approaching the problem from the right perspective?  Has anyone
encountered similar requirements for their app?  Ideas?

Thanks!
Chuck