> 1.2.6
>
> we no longer need bodycontainer in 1.3 because we have a much more
elegant
> system for handling such things

Are you saying that overriding getVariation on a page will work properly
in 1.3 already?

> -igor

Separate threat but kind of related:

>> Apparently the usecase is pretty rare (only discovered after 2 years
>> of production use)

>Well, you can't really know as you don't know how many people ever
bumped >across this and decided to implement a workaround without
mentioning it to >us.
>Eelco

I think Eelco is right. It may be inaccurate to make assumptions about
how rare a use case might be based on what feedback you get on the
mailing list. Some people may find work arounds for a framework
problem/issue or they might just give up trying to do something that is
causes problems - possibly because they believe that they are doing
something wrong or are missing some essential points about how to use
the framework. This is exactly what I did at first with
page.getVariation() - I ended up overriding getVariation in the panels
instead of the pages as this seemed to work without getting errors. This
got me by for a while.