I'm porting an application from wicket 2.0 to 1.2 but I run into trouble when
executing tests for some of the classes. The tests worked in Wicket 2.0.
Bellow is a simple example the demonstrate the problem:
public class FormPage extends WebPage {
        private static final long serialVersionUID = 1067399768727619005L;

        public FormPage() {

                final Label label = new Label("labelId", new Model(
                                "Result will be shown here"));
                add(label);

                Form form = new Form("formId", new CompoundPropertyModel(new
Model(
                                new Person())));

                form.add(new TextField("firstName"));
                form.add(new TextField("lastName"));

                form.add(new Button("buttonId", new Model("Submit")) {
                        private static final long serialVersionUID =
-6844333946044170902L;

                        @Override
                        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
                        public void onSubmit() {
                                Person person = (Person)
getForm().getModelObject();
                                label
                                                .setModel(new Model("You
entered: "
                                                                +
person.getFullname()));
                        }
                });

                add(form);

One of the test that I've created earlier and that worked with Wicket 2.0
looks like this:
@Test
public void submit() {
                FormPage formPage = (FormPage) tester.getLastRenderedPage();
                Form form = (Form) formPage.get("formId");

                TextField firstName = (TextField) form.get("firstName");
                firstName.setModelValue("Firstname");
                TextField lastName = (TextField) form.get("lastName");
                lastName.setModelValue("Lastname");

                FormTester formTester = tester.newFormTester("formId");
                formTester.submit("buttonId");

                // Get the label and validate the model object
                Label label = (Label) formPage.get("labelId");
                assertEquals("Label model does not match.",
                                "You entered: Firstname Lastname",
label.getModelObject());
}

However this does not seem to work with wicket 1.2. The last line of the
test fails saying:
"Label model does not match. expected:<You entered: [Firstname Lastname]>
but was:<You entered: [null null]>"
The problem seem to be that the call to ..setModelValue(..) doesn't update
the model or it get "lost" when I press the submit button somehow. How can I
fix this?

thanks