make the thing that presents the result a panel

then just

class MyTab extends AbstractTab {
 private final char start,end;
 public MyTab(char start, char end) {
    this.start=start;this.end=end;
    super(new Model(start+"-"+end));
  }
  public Panel getPanel(String id) {
      return new ResultsPanel(id, start, end);

List tabs=new ArrayList();
tabs.add(new MyTab('a','k'));
tabs.add(new MyTab('l','z'));
add(new TabbedPanel("tabs", tabs));

and yer done

-igor

On 4/16/07, pwillemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello everyone:

I have a MySQL database with names of people.  I have created a facade
class
which will retrieve all the people whose last name starts with a
particular
letter or group of letters .  I have all this working just fine.   I can
get
all of this to come to a web page and display in a table with no problem

What I want to do is create a tabbed panel with several tabs.  Each tab
would represent a group of letters (A-K, L-R for example) for the people's
last name in my database.  My confusion comes when I have to create the
classes and html files for the tabs.  I want to create one Java class (the
one I already have) and hook it to one html page template.   Then simply
pass in the range of letters for each tab and display the tabs.

I don't want to have x number of html files for x number of tabs.   I also
don't want to have to create a separate class for each tab.  The examples
see seem to do this and I believe this is a maintenance nightmare.

Does any one I have any guidance?  I am currently looking at fragments.
This seems like it might make it easier to do one html class, but I don't
think it addresses my desire for one Java class

Thanks

Phil Willemann