Ok,
I went through it & i feel the dojo/prototype way of integration is
going to last....The reason a java to javascript is always going to
have constraints......The direction wicket is going about this relies
on 'javascript insertion' by pulling it out of a component where in it
is safe from the developers hands and being 'buggy'. This way is
kind-of javascript to java i.e. leverage on existing
javascript....write correct javascript once and use time and again by
injecting it!

Well while i was thinking in this direction, i wanted to know if there
is Java in wicket which encapsulates dom object functions( for
example: window.

alert()Displays an alert box with a message and an OK button
blur()Removes focus from the current window
clearInterval()Cancels a timeout set with setInterval()
clearTimeout()Cancels a timeout set with setTimeout()
close()Closes the current window
confirm()Displays a dialog box with a message and an OK and a Cancel button
createPopup()Creates a pop-up window
focus()Sets focus to the current window
moveBy()Moves a window relative to its current position
moveTo()Moves a window to the specified position
open()Opens a new browser window
print()Prints the contents of the current window
prompt()Displays a dialog box that prompts the user for input
resizeBy()Resizes a window by the specified pixels
resizeTo()Resizes a window to the specified width and height
scrollBy()Scrolls the content by the specified number of pixels
scrollTo()Scrolls the content to the specified coordinates
setInterval()Evaluates an expression at specified intervals
setTimeout()
For example if a java component which could bind setInterval() and
clearInterval() to manipulation of some component body on client side
itself in a timed fashion........I know i can write my own component
to do it, but i could write my own components then for almost
everything ....May be somthing like it exists in wicket already, i
don't know of ...