I'm looking for some input on what is the best practices for testing Panels
that aren't inner classes to WebPage objects

If I do the following;

WicketTester tester = new WicketTester();

tester.startPanel(MyPanel.class);

tester.clickLink("logout");

I get an exception saying path: 'logout' does no exist for page:
DummyPanelPage

My alternative is to set a startPage to a WebPage that contains my panel.
However, I don't think that a panel should have to rely on a
WebPage...meaning I can create and test a new Panel without it being
attached to a WebPage.

In the past I've created some abstraction objects that allow you to do this
but is seems like a lot of work and I was hoping that there is a better way.

-Craig