Not sure whether I understand your question. But right after you added
your component, you can use getModelObject on it to get the value.
Also, keep in mind that CompoundPropertyModel is for convenience, but
you can e.g. use PropertyModel directly for more control. In that
case, you can get the model value right after constructing the
component or just directly from the model itself.

Eelco