seeing how slow we were at fixing issues with this i dont have any
objections.

i did fix the error reporting though. before the exceptions were swallowed
and just did e.printstacktrace(). now a proper rte is thrown.

-igor

I've complained about custom serialization being the default before,
and I've had it with that thing. I've reported at least two instances
of problems before in threads on I believe the dev list, and they
haven't been fixed so far either. I really want to set the default to
DefaultObjectStreamFactory now. I still understand we need test hours
and people reporting their issues if we ever want to get this stable,
but so far, the test cases are still minimal, reported problems
weren't solved immediately and an issue like Joshua just reported
shows that not only there are bugs in it, but that the reporting of
problems leaves something to be desired as well (btw, Joshua said he
is using a current snapshot).

So, any final objections before I make that change? I want to set it
as the default, and leave it like that in any future 1.3 release. By
the time we have it all fixed nicely, we can just promote people to
turn custom serialization on themselves.

Eelco