On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 15:42 -0700, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> On 4/30/07, Martin Grotzke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 15:23 -0700, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
>         > if you want to maintain the bookmarkable url then no. but
>         this is
>         > atypical of how wicket lifecycle usually works.
>         ok. do I have to take anything in acount if i use wicket in
>         this
>         atypical way?
>
> noep, nothing special to watch out for.
cool :)

>         however, until now it feels very good to work with wicket,
>         even
>         with this more action/mvc like (stateless) aproach... :)
>
> it feels even better once you use the normal lifecycle :)
jepp, i believe this :) i have written apps with wingS some times ago
and i loved it - but we could only use for cms-like apps, not for end
users...

now we're going to build s.th. like a shop and i'm looking for
frameworks that match our needs. probably spring-mvc or tapestry would
also be candidates, but what i've read about wicket sounded better :)

cheers,
martin

> [...]
>         PageParameters();
>         >                 params.add( "query", (String)
>         getModelObject() );
>         >                 setResponsePage( SearchPage.class, params );
>         >             }
>         >
>         >         which I implemented like this to have bookmarkable
>         urls.
>         >         therefore the SearchResultsView is created for each
>         request.
>         >
>         >         is this wrong in terms of lifecycle of wicket pages?
>         >         would there be another possibility to achieve
>         bookmarkable
>         >         pages with a form submit?
>         >
>         >         cheers,
>         >         martin
>         >
>         >
>         >         >
>         >         > instead
>         >         >
>         >         > class resultsmodel extends abstractreadonlymodel
>         {
>         >         >   private imodel query;
>         >         >   public resultsmodel(imodel query)
>         { this.query=query; }
>         >         >   public object getobject() {
>         >         >        return
>         >         >
>         >
>         ((StealthShopApplication)getApplication()).getSearchService().find(
> query.getobject () );
>         >         >   }
>         >         >   public void detach() { query.detach(); }
>         >         > }
>         >         >
>         >         > setmodel(new resultsmodel(model));
>         >         >
>         >         > that way listview will get fresh results every
>         page refresh
>         >         >
>         >         > -igor
>         >         >
>         >         >
>         >

>         >         > Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2
>         express and
>         >         take
>         >         > control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click
>         to get it
>         >         now.
>         >         > http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
>         >         > _______________________________________________
>         Wicket-user
>         >         mailing list Wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>         >
>         https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/wicket-user
>         >         --
>         >         Martin Grotzke
>         >         http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/
>         >
>         >

>         >         Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2
>         express and
>         >         take
>         >         control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to

Martin Grotzke
http://www.javakaffee.de/blog/