We have hit an issue migrating to 1.3. We use components of type Button and
add ajax behaviors to those buttons to do stuff. These buttons are not
currently added to any form. When those Button components coexist on a page
with an actual form which is submitted, we get an exception
"org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Could not find Form parent for
[MarkupContainer..."

Stepping through the code, the problem appears to be that Form
findSubmittingButton() method visits all children of type
IFormSubmittingComponent on the page and calls getForm() for that component
(to see if it is the current form). If any such component isn't actually on
a form, wicket throws an exception. Perhaps the getForm() method shouldn't
throw an exception but rather return a null value since I think form
components are allowed to exist outside a form?

Our current workaround is to replace these Button components with AjaxLinks.

Please let me know if you agree that this is an issue and, if so, whether
you expect to address it.

Many thanks,
Jamie