Right. I'll take this last mail to respond others as well.

Sorry to hear your book is still on production as I've read some great
articles and blogs and I was looking foward to reading the book.

But nevertheless it seams very positive that the reason is so many fixes and
upcoming good features.

To Scot. Thanks, yes I've read it. And it was helpful.

I'll still say that for me, the great magic behind wicket is inside of it,
and there is litle written about it. Great achievements in wicket, come, in
my opinion, from knowing how it works inside.

But I also agree 110% that priority comes first for helping others and
improving the framework.

best wishes,
frank

> you can feel free to vote, but i would warn to expect very little help
from
> the core committer group. like i said, between doing everything else we
have
> no time to write a book. in fact eelco and martijn are working on wicket
in
> action and so definetely do not have time to write another. i dont know
if
> they are planning on having chapters that cover this stuff. you might
want
> to discuss that with them. maybe they are willing to add user
contributions
> to the book on this, maybe not, maybe they are already writing about
this.

> what we are available for is to answer specific questions. the rest is
up to
> the users. we have the wiki, feel free to collaborate with others and
ask us
> for clarifications/reviews.
>
> my 2c.

I agree. And as great as having better documentation would be, we're
still giving priority to this list, IRC and fixing bugs and
implementing improvements. So I'd say we're better at supporting our
current users, than making it easy for new ones to join in.

Best thing that can happen is just someone taking it up. Some users
have been very helpful with the Wicket (probably at least half of the
content is written by users, not team members), and that's really
great. Maybe someday someone will take up the job to write the
ultimate guide to Wicket. He/ she would should get all the help we
could give. :)