It's a great pattern in general, as you never have to worry again
about users re-submitting the form when they press refresh or the back
button.

If you want to break out in specific cases,
RequestCycle.get().setRedirect(false) in your form's onSubmit method
should do the trick. If you don't want to use the pattern to start
with, you can call

getRequestCycleSettings().setRenderStrategy(IRequestCycleSettings.ONE_PASS_RENDER);

in your application's init method.

Eelco