You can't. The requests are asynchronous (they don't block request),
but they are scheduled in channel so one request waits until the
previous one finishes.

Problem is that the pagemap is locked, so you can't have two requests
running on parallel on the same pagemap. If you have operation that
takes too long you should use a worker thread and a periodical
polling.

Btw. I don't understand why you are using AjaxEventBehavior on button
instead of just using AjaxLink?

-Matej