On Thursday 17 May 2007 2:08 pm, Igor Vaynberg escreveu:
> i would extend webrequestcodingstrategy, override encode() and append the
> parameters you need to the url it normally returns.

        Sorry, but I didn't quite understand how to get the parameters I need
in the
encode method, nor how appending it would resolve the issue.   I think I just
don't quite get the encode method/encoding strategy anyway.

        What I did instead was to provide my own RequestCycle class and in
onBeginRequest, look at the HttpServletRequest's uri and pull out the info I
need and then call

AuthenticatedWebSession.get().signIn( userName, hashedPassword )

        I am not sure it's entirely robust, but it does seem to work pretty
well.   I
think that in the encoding strategy code I could do pretty much the same
thing, but the onBeginRequest method seems like a good place for it.  It's
only that maybe in the encoding strategy code I might have a shot at a
RequestParameters object with the url info I need so I wouldn't need to parse
the uri?

        Do you think I'm heading for trouble this way?
Thanks,
Tom