if you show me the exact code snippet that doesnt work that will give me the
necessary context.

-igor

On 5/17/07, Florian Hehlen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi,

Thanks for the help... It's starting to make more sense to me although
still not working. The issue is definitely with the form model. because all
my sandbox experiments show me that it all goes to hell when i introduce the
model in the form. My form is a a bean wrapped in a CompoundPropertyModel.

Maybe you can clarify below your explanation in that context.

florian

Igor Vaynberg wrote:

if you type it it looks like this

DDC<T>(String,IModel<T>,IModel<List<T>>,IChoiceRenderer<T>)

the first model is the one that holds the selection, the second is the one
that holds a list of available choices.

the constructor with a single model:

DDC<T>(String,IModel<List<T>>,IChoiceRenderer<T>)

is used when you use DDC in combination with a compound property model on
the form, in which case the ddc's id is used as a property expression into
form's model to determine the selection. there is a great wiki page on
models.

so try this

 myForm.add(new DropDownChoice("select",new Model(),new
MyChoices(),myRenderer));

this will create a ddc with a null selection. its not practical, because
to get the selection you have to call ddc.getmodelobject(), but it will at
least get you going before you decide on what model to use.

-igor