a converter and choice renderer is not really the same thing
But i guess if you give a list of strings to the DDC that it displays
then the converter can convert the selected object to that string and back
again
that should also work yes.

the choicerender is if you don't want to do that upfront but just have
a list of Objects/Pojos and the selected object is also that Object/Pojo
then you the toString is done for you

johan