Okay, so if I understand correctly you want to replace modal window
images. It is possible, but if you don't want to touch other css
things, you need to make sure that the new image match the exact
dimensions of the old images.

First little introduction about modal window images. Modal window
images are optimized for fast download time, meaning that for the
entire modal window only two images are loaded. This is done by
stuffing multiple elements into a single image. As a result of this,
it's not possible to use filter hack for alpha blending in IE6.
Therefore there have to be two versions of the images - one with alpha
blending (shadows) - for sane browsers, and one without alpha blending
- for IE6. While this means more work for designer, I still think it's
worth it as normally (without the grouping) the modal window would
require to load up to ten different images.

So. If you want alpha blending (on supported browsers - other then
IE6), you'll have to have four images. Two with alpha blending and two
without. To use these images, you'll have to define your own
stylesheet and put your images in the same folder. The stylesheet
should look like this:

div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_left,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_right {
        background-image: url('my-window-style-2-alpha.png');
        _background-image: url('my-window-style-2-ie.png');
}

div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_top,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_bottom,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_topLeft,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_topRight,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_bottomRight,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style div.w_bottomLeft,
div.wicket-modal div.my-window-style a.w_close {
        background-image: url('my-window-style-1-alpha.png');
        _background-image: url('my-window-style-1-ie.png');
}

To make modal window use this style you call
window.setCssClassName("my-window-style").

Unless I forgot something, this should give you the possibility to
replace default modal window images.

-Matej