  From: Sean Sullivan
  To: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 6:57 AM
  Subject: Re: [Wicket-user] Autocomplete - selecting (higlighting) firstoption
by default.

  IMHO, it would be nice if Java programmers could control this behavior with a
Java API.

  On 5/25/07, Dipu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

    At the moment with Wicket's auto complete list  we need to scroll down to
select an option from the Autocomplete list.
    It would be nice to have the first item highlighted by default.

    I tried changing selected to 0 where its declared and it didn't work for me.

    On setting selected to 0 a doUpdateChoices(resp) worked,

    function doUpdateChoices(resp){
    var element = getAutocompleteMenu();
    element.innerHTML=resp;
    if(element.firstChild && element.firstChild.childNodes) {
    selected = 0;

    Can anyone please confirm if this is the right way to go.

    Regards
    Dipu