On Tue, 05 Jun 2007, Michael Irani wrote:
> I'm putting together a table with a dynamic number of columns.
>
> Making use of DataTable for the table and a SortableDataProvider as the data
> provider. The problem I'm running into is that underneath I can't use a
> simple POJO to setup the data structure, since there is no predefined
> structure for the data. The specific place in my code that gets hit by this
> is when I'm building the IColumn array for the DataTable instance.
>
> Any thoughts on how to modify the PropertyColumn to work with this?

You can surely do a lot of tweaking by providing your own
column classes etcetera, but our experience is general has
been that DataTable and other very ready-made components
server better as examples and in very standard uses.

For more customising, you might be better off using more
bare-bones components (such as DataView).

Your mileage may vary.

- Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho