Not an easy one I'm afraid. The way you've described (creating a panel
with form) is actually a preferred one.

If you really need to have form with own markup, you'll probably have
to look at WebMarkupContainerWithAssociatedMarkup and Panel classes,
and add the functionality from those to your form subclass. E.g. you
can have a FormWithMarkup class that you can use as base of your form
components.

-Matej